The Dominican Priory of St. Patrick was founded at Tulsk in 1448 in the grounds of the present-day Tulsk Cemetery.
Tulsk was the seat of the O’Conor chieftains, patrons of the priory, where a small community of about six monks lived, providing preaching and a place of worship, charity to the poor, and medical help to the local population. In the following centuries graves were made and headstones erected, scattered through the ruins.
Wanderings through ancient Roscommon with Rossie the Heritage Duck
Young visitors are invited to take a walk around Tulsk Abbey with the Rossie the Heritage Duck. Download Rossie’s Tulsk Abbey Creative Pack or read more about Rossie and the places he visits in County Roscommon.