With an international airport located just ten minutes away, high quality bus and rail services and an excellent road system, getting to Roscommon has never been easier.
Ireland West Airport Knock
Located just ten minutes drive from County Roscommon, Ireland West Airport Knock is the main international airport for the West, North West and Midlands regions of Ireland.
With over 215 international destinations, Ireland West Airport flight schedule includes a range of flights from airlines such as Flybe, Lufthansa, AerLingus, Aer Lingus Regional and Ryanair.
Car hire facilities are available at the airport from Budget, Avis, Europcar and Hertz.
For more information visit www.irelandwestairport.com
Other international airports:
Roscommon can also be easily accessed from:
- Dublin Airport: www.dublinairport.com
- Cork Airport: www.corkairport.com
- Shannon Airport: www.shannonairport.ie
There are four Train Stations in County Roscommon:
Boyle, Carrick on Shannon, Castlerea and Roscommon Town.
Three Irish Rail Intercity lines run through County Roscommon:
- From Dublin (Connolly Station) – the Sligo line stops at stations in Boyle and Carrick on Shannon.
- From Dublin (Heuston Station) – the Westport line stops at Castlerea and Roscommon stations as well as Athlone.
- From Dublin (Heuston Station) – the Galway line stops at Athlone and Ballinasloe which are both close to the county.
For more information and to book your train ticket, visit www.irishrail.ie
County Roscommon Expressway Services
Bus Eireann Expressway/Intercity Services link major towns and cities across the Republic of Ireland and four Expressway services operate in County Roscommon, seven days a week, as follows:
- Dublin – Athlone – Westport
- Dublin – Dublin Airport – Mullingar – Longford – Charlestown – Ballina
- Dublin – Dublin Airport – Mullingar – Longford – Carrick on Shannon – Sligo
- Galway – Athlone – Cavan – Monaghan – Belfast
County Roscommon Regional Services
A number of Bus Eireann Regional Services operate in the county and include daily Town to Town services as well as a small number of Rural Services which only operate one day per week to market towns from a hinterland catchment area. The Regional Services in the county are as follows:
- Galway – Mountbellew – Roscommon – Longford (Mon – Sat)
- Galway – Tuam – Castlerea (Mon to Sat)
- Ballina – Charlestown – Longford (Mon to Sat)
- Castlerea – Ballintubber – Roscommon (Fri only)
- Sligo – Castlerea (Sat only)
- Roscommon – Athlone (Mon – Fri)
For more information and to book your bus ticket visit www.buseireann.ie